The 2020 Summit: Putting Recovery First is designed to bring the recovery community and our allies together to get your energy and input on policies and practices that will advance treatment and recovery across our state. Hosting the Summit in the early summer gives us time to plan and strategize ahead of the next legislative session – and makes our citizen advocacy efforts even more effective.
This year, due to COVID-19 and the “stay home, stay healthy” order from our Governor, the WRA has moved our Summit to an all-virtual event.
Taking the Summit virtual is an all new undertaking for our team – and we’re committed to putting together the best dang online summit we’ve ever had!
2020 Summit Overview:
- Opening plenary with Lauren Davis
- Recovery Coaching Panel
- Action Tracks:
- 1: Workforce Development: Peers in the Field
- 2: Intersections of Behavioral Health and the Criminal Legal System
- Families & Youth Recovery Panel
- Closing session and reflection
- Zoom “cafe” to connect and network
- Plus a little WRA gift and our fun bingo game
Registration is $50 and scholarships are available.
We hope you’ll join us for this all-online event. A more detailed agenda is available on the registration page. We look forward to seeing you virtually!
If you need any assistance with registration or logistics, please contact Theresa@warecoveryalliance.org.
New to Zoom? Here’s our Zoom Guidance to help you get started.
Seventh Summit, November 9-10, 2017
At our 7th summit, we:
- Received expert advice in coalition building from Blaine Parrish
- Outline our newly awarded SAMHSA Recovery Community Services Program: Statewide Network grant
- Enjoyed traditional Native American drumming and dancing, teaching from a Squaxin Island Tribe elder, and a sweat lodge
- Honored our veterans with a special ceremony