From ME to WE!
Join the WRA and Residence XII in the movement to change public understanding of recovery.
SEATTLE MARINERS RECOVERY DAY EVENT PHOTO ALBUM
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
As part of our educational outreach campaign, Washington Recovery Alliance and Residence XII are collaborating on a SEATTLE MARINERS RECOVERY DAY PHOTO ALBUM. The purpose of the photo album is to showcase persons in recovery participating in their communities.
WHY WE ARE DOING IT:
We are committed to shining the light on how real recovery happens. That the new choices that we make – each day, every day – matter. They matter to us, to our families and to the community. We are strong. We are caring and committed. We belong. We are here!
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Our focus for this campaign is to showcase people in recovery – people like you – doing the things you love to do. Walking your dog, baking a cake, playing softball, doing a puzzle with your kids, singing in a choir. All the things you love about your life.
If you are able to take a picture at work – well, we’d love that too. What is your profession? How do you serve the community at large? Share your success with us. Did you just graduate? What do you do for employment and can you share that? If so, get your BFF at work to snap a photo of you doing what you do!
HOW YOUR PHOTOGRAPH WILL BE USED:
The photo album images may be used alone or to create video clips. The images may be used in publications, including electronic publications, audio-visual presentations, promotional literature, advertising, social media educational videos, web pages or in other similar ways.
YES! I WANT TO HELP.
AWESOME. We are so psyched to see your beautiful life!
- Really make sure you want to do this. Your sobriety is important – to you, to us, and to our community. Your choice to disclose you are in recovery is important – if you choose to participate your photo may be used to in our PHOTO ALBUM project, which means you will not be anonymous.
- Great, you decided to join us…. welcome!
- Print out the “ME” and “WE” signs in the landscape (horizontal) setting.
- Do what you do to make yourself camera-ready.
- Find someone who will take your photograph.
- The photos should be from the waist up and show you holding the sign facing the camera, like in the example at the top of this page. Don’t worry, there’s another example below!
- Have your friendly photographer take 2 photos of you:
- One with you holding the “ME” sign
- One with you holding the “WE” sign
- Check the photos to make sure that:
- They’re not blurry
- You can read the words “ME” and “WE” clearly
- You LIKE the photo (retake as desired – no one has to know it took 10,000 tries 😉 )
- Email the photos and a completed photo release to email@example.com with the subject “ME to WE”
Print your Me/We signs
THANK YOU for being part of the recovery movement. We can’t wait to see your recovery in action.
You are making a difference in the world. Our world!