Recovery is a reality for all
Create a statewide community that celebrates and advocates for recovery
Principles of Recovery
The WRA honors and operates by the following principles of recovery:
- Recovery is an individual process based on self-determination and self-direction.
- You are in recovery when you say you are.
- There are multiple pathways to recovery.
- Recovery and self-care are a personal responsibility.
- Recovery is holistic and encompasses all aspects of a person’s life including family, mental, physical, and spiritual health.
- Recovery is a dynamic process. There can be both growth and setbacks in each person’s recovery journey.
- Recovery and a life in the community should be accessible to all. Recovery through mutual peer support provides nonjudgmental acceptance and a sense of belonging in the community.
- Recovery supporters and advocates meet the person seeking recovery and their families where they are at.